Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Conceptualize…

1 Feb 2008 – Wow, time really flies when you need lots of it! It’s already the month of February. But what have I done for my e-portfolio?

Of all the classes I have taken so far, this is by far the most challenging. I think I have said this many times before but I am going to say it again. I am not a technology savvy person, which means, I am a techno idiot. However, it is good to be challenged otherwise we’ll be stagnant! So now, my big assignment is to conceptualize my e-portfolio – such as what design I want it to be, what materials to be included, how many pages to create, and what title to give for each page.

Since I am not a teacher or a lecturer, I guess I won’t have so much teaching related stuff to be included. The only teaching experience I have is when I taught a group of SPM leavers in the Intensive English course at my college. Even then, I only had an hour slot, once a week teaching conversational English. However, I am very interested in the learning of language , English in particular. So the moment I was given a chance to join this UPM master’s program, I jumped and grabbed the opportunity. Dr Edwin once asked me in the class whether I will teach after I finish this program. Well, to tell the truth, I am not sure yet, at least not teaching fulltime. I really believe that knowledge is always valuable and you’ll never know when you need it. I was thinking, if I decided not to teach now, at least I can open up a tuition center during my retirement, if God grants me life that long….

No comments: